Welcome! Suspended Animation provides a first-rate space for suspension and
floor bondage, staffed by expert riggers. We're located at the corner of 7:30 and
Biggie Size Bondage, right on the avenue.
Suspended Animation is a welcoming place for all genders, orientations,
and people of all skill levels.
We host a wide range of events including performances, classes, and bondage rides.
What is Suspended Animation about?
Suspended Animation is dedicated to the kinetic art of full-suspension rope bondage. Specifically, we do bondage that involves suspending people in mid-air using ropes. We believe this is one of the most beautiful forms of BDSM, as well as being a tremendous amount of fun.
The experience of full-suspension bondage varies widely depending on the rigger and the specifics of the rig. It can be sexy, beautiful, relaxing, meditative, strenuous, excruciating, or silly. Want to know more? Come visit us: that's what we're here for.
Suspended Animation hosts a wide range of visitors from a wide variety of different sub-cultures. In order to ensure that everyone has a good time, we ask all visitors to observe the following rules:
- If one of our friendly but firm staff asks you to do something (including, if all else fails, to leave), please comply immediately.
- Suspended Animation is an adult experience. Those under 18 will not be admitted.
- We limit attendance by single males. We hate to do this, but experience has shown that the alternative is a party that's suffocated by guys standing around waiting for action. No spectators!
- All of our public areas are drug and alcohol free zones. In addition, we require that all players be completely sober. If you aren't sober enough to safely and legally drive a car, you aren't sober enough to play.
- "Safeword" is always considered a safeword, and if repeated will be considered a request for help beyond the scene.
- Suspension bondage is a highly technical and dangerous activity. While all visitors are welcome to use our space and equipment, use of our suspension hardpoints is limited to camp staff and highly-qualified visitors.
- Suspended Animation is a pan-sexual sex-positive community. No bigotry.
- If at any time anything is making you uncomfortable, please talk to one of our friendly but firm staff and they will take care of the situation.
- No means no. If you approach someone and they're not interested, respect that immediately and move on.
- Respect personal space and always ask before you touch. Watching from a distance is fine, but do not assume just because someone is getting all frisky and stuff that you're invited to get right in there for a close look. Always respect requests for privacy.
- Because of the intimate nature of our camp, we don't allow visitors to take photos within our play area. Some of our events will have a staff photographer on hand: if you would prefer not to be photographed, we will of course honor your request.
- Please practice safer and considerate sex. We will have some supplies on hand, including cleaning supplies. If in the course of your adventures at Suspended Animation you end up making a mess, please clean up after yourself. Nobody likes goopy MOOP.
What to bring
In the spirit of radical self-reliance we encourage you to bring your own bondage gear, if you have any. We'll provide the following:
- A large, welcoming playspace stocked with grooves
- A dedicated aftercare area
- Secure hardpoints for full-suspension bondage (experts only)
- Numerous attachment points for floor and partial-suspension bondage
- A lockable cage
- A limited selection of cool bondage gear
We provide practice rope during our classes, and have a limited amount of loaner rope available at parties. If you're shopping for rope before coming to Burning Man, you might be interested in our bondage gear guide.